- About VMGMC
- Student Corner
- Student List
- Student Result
- Fee Structure
- PG ADMISSIONS
- |PG STATE QUOTA ADMISSION 2020 (PDF)|
- |PG STATE QUOTA ADMISSION 2020 ROUND 2 (PDF)|
- |PG ADMISSION 2020 QUARANTINE POLICY (PDF)|
- |VACANCY POSITION FOR INSTITUTIONAL ROUND PGM 2020(PDF)|
- |MERIT LIST FOR INSTITUTIONAL ROUND PGM 2020(PDF)|
- Anti Ragging Committee
- Gender Harassement Committee
- Publication/ Awards
- Staff Attendance
(As Per MCI)
- Photo Gallery
- VMGMC ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
- Contact Us
Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
Mission and Vision
To develop into an institute of medical excellence, imparting quality medical education to students and quality medico-legal services to investigating and the judicial authority. To create doctors with medico-legal knowledge, ethics, etiquettes, values and principles and to help them attain their highest functional ability. By providing the technically competent medico-legal experts to the society made the Nation a crime free and happier place with a peaceful society to live in.
To achieve these mission following strategy was adopted:
- UG teaching: Teaching by using audio-visual aids, Teaching with Intradepartmental combination in respect to relevant topics, Microteaching, More emphasis on Demonstrations, seminars and student interaction while teaching, visits to court, FSL would be done.
- PG teaching: This department is looking forward for starting Post Graduate education i.e. M.D in Forensic Medicine with 2 PG seats per year.
- Patient care: Continuous improvement in the quality of medicolegal documents and extension of services in the form of Ante-mortem clinical forensic unit would be done.
- The Forensic medicine department has Aim to establish “Medico-legal Institute” wherein all the medico-legal facilities to be provide under one roof.
- Multidisciplinary research
- Hold a State Level Conference in the year January 2017 named Aspire Forinsicon.
- Addition of Super specialty courses related to Forensic Medicine in the form of Certificate/Fellowship courses.
- To have continues up gradation of medico-legal knowledge of the staff working in the Institute as well as in the Health services for the benefit of community.