- About VMGMC
- Student Corner
- Publication/ Awards
- Staff Attendance
(As Per MCI)
- Photo Gallery
- VMGMC ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
- Contact Us
Multidisciplinary Research Unit
The Department of Health Research was created as a new Department under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare vide Presidential Notification dated the 17th September, 2007 by an amendment to the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961. The Department has been allocated 9 new functions to promote health research activities, besides the ongoing work relating to the management and administration of ICMR.
Government of India, in June, 2013, vide sanction order at approved the scheme for ‘Establishment of Multi -Disciplinary Research Units (MRUs) in the Government Medical Colleges/Research Institutions’ during the 12th Plan period as a path- breaking initiative to develop/strength the health research infrastructure in the country to fulfill the newly allocated function of the Department related to the “Promotion, Coordination and Development of Basic, Applied and Clinical Research”.
OBJECTIVE OF THE SCHEME
The objectives of the present scheme are to:
- Encourage and strengthen an environment of research in medical colleges.
- Bridge the gap in the infrastructure which is inhibiting health research in the Medical Colleges by assisting them to establish multidisciplinary research facilities with a view to improving the health research and health services.
- To ensure the geographical spread of health research infrastructure, in order to cover un-served and under-served Medical Colleges and other institutions.
- To improve the overall health status of the population by creating evidence-based application of diagnostic procedures/processes/methods
FUNDING/FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR THE PROJECT
One time financial assistance upto Rs. 5.25 crores will be provided to each Government Medical College/Institution for setting up of modern biological lab/multi-disciplinary research unit. This will include Rs.5.00 crores towards equipment and Rs.25 lakhs for minor civil works for modifications/renovation in the space to be provided by the State Medical College
MAJOR FUNCTIONS OF THE MDRU
- To undertake research in non-communicable diseases and other need-based research as recommended by the Local Research Committee/Expert Committee of the DHR employing newer tools.
- To promote and encourage quality medical research in the Institution.
- To constitute the local research committees for identifying the research priorities and projects with participation of State health system officials
In the fulfillment of this vision, the MRU, DR.V.M.Govt. Medical College Solapur will aspire to:
- Provide the highest level of patient related translational research.
- Work with integrity and passion to fulfill the mission of high quality health research.
- Seek innovative, holistic solutions to nationally important health issues in collaboration with all.
- The Multi Disciplinary Research Unit, Dr.V.M.Govt. Medical College Solapur will recognize the growing need for a critical knowledge base in health information technology for stakeholders in tertiary medical care.
- MRU, Dr.V.M.Govt. Medical College Solapur will be bound by natural responsibility to study the diseases that require answers and that which will aid planning, technology and expertise transfers and provide informational resources, educational and technical assistance that could bridge barriers in implementing a modern, affordable and sustainable model of health care delivery based on sound principles of quality.
- The MRU, DR.V.M.Govt. Medical College Solapur will also train and disseminate the best clinical practices and offer practical solutions in all rural facilities.
OFFICE BEARERS OF MRU
Patron: Dr Sunil Ghate (Dean)
Nodal Officer: DrKishor Ingole (Prof & HOD Microbiology)
Dr Pushpa Agrawal (Prof & HOD Anaesthesia)
Dr Pradeep Gadgil (Associate Prof in Pathology)
Dr ShafiqueAhmed Mundewadi (Associate Prof in Physiology)
Dr Santosh Haralkar (Associate Prof in Community Medicine)
Dr Vivakanad Waghmare (Associate Prof in Chest and TB)
Recruitment Rules for appointment of contractual staff for MRU (Click here to download FAQs of MRU)